The purchasing department serves the educational program by providing the necessary supplies, equipment and services when needed at the best possible price.
The purchasing department strives to obtain products or services at the right quality, right quantity, at the right terms, and at the right price. The purchasing department attempts to maximize competition and provide all interested and qualified vendors with the opportunity to offer their products and/or services. The purchasing department makes every effort to treat all vendors fairly and equally.
The Board of Education declares its intention to purchase competitively without prejudice and to seek maximum educational value for every dollar expended.
The request for supplies, equipment, and services is centralized in the purchasing department, which functions under the Purchasing Agent. All requests for purchasing transactions are to be conducted only through this office. All information and questions pertaining to the payment of purchasing requests are to be conducted only through the accounts payable department.
Strict laws govern what a school district can purchase, how it can be purchased, and from whom. All of the districts purchases are made in accordance with NYSED General Municipal law. More information on these laws can be located on the NYSED website. Below is a listing of all upcoming BIDS and Requests for Proposal (RFP). Please check back regularly as this listing will be updated for new BIDS and RFP’s as they come up. Most Bids and RFP’s are announced in the both the Farmingdale Observer and Massapequa post.
Live links will be posted here prior to event
- Bagel Bid - May 13, 2021, 11:00 AM
- 2021 Summer Transportation Bid - May 6, 2021, 10:00 AM
- Woodwind/Brass Instrument Repair - April 23, 2021, 11:30 AM
- RFP for Universal Pre-K by a Community based Organization - April 1, 2021, 11:00 AM
- State Aid Services, Second Request - March 19, 2021, 11:00 AM
- Actuarial Services, Other Post-Employment Benefits, GASB Statement No. 45 - Feb 24, 2021, 11:30 AM
- State Aid Services - Feb 23, 2021, 12:00 noon
- Rubbish Removal - February 11, 2021, 11:00 AM
- Certified Athletic Training Services - February 5, 2021, 11:00 a.m
- Hydraulic Elevator Modernization bid opening - December 9, 2020, 11:00 AM
- Reeds, Mouthpiece & Supplies Bid Opening - July 30, 2020, 11:30 AM
- Districtwide Toilet Renovations Rebid 2 - July 22, 2020, 11:30 AM
- Swimming Pool at Howitt Middle School - July 2, 2020