Current Employment Opportunities
Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter at www.olasjobs.org/longisland.
A Farmingdale Teacher demonstrates a commitment to students as intelligent consumers of content by fostering learning opportunities that support students as self-reflective regulators of their learning, providing meaningful and purposeful feedback, and addressing social emotional learning. Candidates must be committed to their own continuous growth in professional knowledge and pedagogy and possess a willingness to collaborate with parents, teachers, students and administrators to maximize learning for all.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of his/her responsibility to challenge and support all learners
- Success in helping diverse groups of students to achieve at high levels
- Philosophical and practical understanding of teaching to students who reflect the cultural and linguistic diversity of our community
- Commitment to engaging students in relevant and contextualized study that reflects both the traditional canon and new learning standards
- Desire to work collaboratively with experienced staff
- Effective use of instructional technology to engage students and to intensify learning
- Understanding of range of pedagogies and instructional techniques to engage all students
- Experience with project-based learning and a commitment to real-world application of skills